Sunday, June 15, 2014

Leaving Nimbin..on to Brisbane

For my faithful follower and fellow traveller.....here's my next post!

We had such a lovely time in our field we were really sad to leave.

The morning we left our field!

 The drive through the hills was just beautiful. On the way we stopped at a tiny place called Blue Knob where the morning market and hemp exhibition was taking place. (If I ever disappear from Perth this is where you will find me...in Blue Knob, that is!) We spent ages chatting to all sorts of interesting people and I even succumbed to buying a beautiful piece of artwork that I can wear or hang up. Chris spoiled me!


After spending the morning in Blue Knob we travelled through the beautiful Tweed Valley - more green hills and valleys. Along the way I suddenly spotted the Margaret Ollie art centre which was part of the Tweed Art Gallery and just had to visit. So with much muttering from the driver and u turns we managed to get to the art gallery. Margaret Ollie, the eccentric Australian artist, had always intrigued me. Finding parking at the gallery with a caravan was interesting but we managed to park in a precarious position safely. It was an amazing experience in the gallery seeing Margaret's house reconstructed in the gallery. Very special and moving! Chris loved the gallery too.